Urban Pharm, LLC Tenancy Requirements
- All proposed occupants who will be over the age of 18 at the time of lease signing must complete an application. Incomplete applications may be returned, delayed, or denied.
- An application fee must be paid for EACH application.
- Picture ID will be required for all adult applicants. Additional proofs may be required.
- Applicants must be able to enter into a legal and binding contract.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
- Management reserves the right to deny anyone that threatens the health or safety of the neighborhood, community, tenants, or staff.
- Applicants must make three times the monthly rent per household.
- Verifiable income or assets will be required for all applicants. (this may mean, but is not limited to paystubs, bank accounts, housing vouchers, alimony/child support, trust accounts, social security, disability, welfare, grants/loans).
- Self-employed applicants will be required to show proof of income through copies of the previous two years’ tax returns and year-to-date profit-and-loss statement.
- You will be denied if your source of income cannot be verified.
- A qualified cosigner may be an option if you are unable to meet the above income requirements.
- Evictions, housing collections, or foreclosures which appear on your credit report within seven years will be grounds for denial.
- Two years of positive rental history will be required from your previous landlord. Rental references, from friends, personal acquaintances, or relatives cannot be considered.
- Rental references that cannot be verified will be ground for denial.
- First time renters and tenants with unverifiable rental history may still be considered with a qualified cosigner.
- A personal credit report will be obtained by Urban Pharm. Any outstanding bad debt (slow pay, collections, bankruptcies, repossessions, liens, judgments & wage garnishments) reported on the credit bureau may be grounds for denial or increased security deposit. Outstanding collections over $2000 will be grounds for denial.
- Outstanding utility collections (gas, electric, trash, water) must be paid, and proof of payment submitted to the office for review. If the collection cannot be paid in full, a statement from the collection agency or utility company acknowledging a payment plan WITH GOOD FAITH PAYMENT MADE may be considered, if all other aspects of the application are positive.
- Submission of personal credit reports by an applicant will not be considered.
- A qualified cosigner may be an option for applicants with collection issues.
- Urban Pharm, LLC will conduct a criminal background check to determine whether the applicant has been convicted of any crime or released from incarceration within the previous seven years. A conviction or convictions for any felony, or any misdemeanor involving violence, theft, dishonesty, intimidation, drugs, pornography, sex crimes, child sex crimes or weapons charges may be grounds for denial of the rental application. Open criminal cases or outstanding warrants in the above categories will require the application to be held until a final resolution is made by the courts.
- Submission of personal criminal reports by an applicant will not be considered.
- Urban Pharm allows one co-signer per household. The co-signer must make three times the monthly rent, have a verifiable source of income, and have no outstanding collections.
- The co-signer will be responsible for guaranteeing the lease and all renewals until possession is returned to Urban Pharm.
- Cosigners are considered on a case-by-case basis, and have stricter financial and income requirements than tenants. Applications with cosigners will be reviewed by the homeowner for final approval.
- Cosigners are not considered tenants and do not have occupancy rights.
Our Pet Policy
- Pet policies may vary by property. See listings for details. Standard pet fees and deposits apply to residents with pets, unless otherwise noted on the listing. The standard monthly “pet rent” is $25 per pet. Also, there is a non-refundable pet deposit is $250 for the first pet and $100 for a second pet, if permitted. Residents who do not report pets to the office may face fine or eviction as well as above-and-beyond pet fees and deposits.
- Tenants may have no more than two (2) pets at participating properties, as long as pet rent and pet deposits are paid.
- Some units list pets on a “case by case’ basis. Prior to approval, applicant shall submit information about all proposed pets for consideration and review by management and homeowner.
- All leases will include a non-refundable cleaning fee based on the size of the unit. This amount is separate from the Security Deposit. Typically the cleaning fee is between $150-$350.
- The cleaning fee is used to clean the unit at move out. The cleaning fee is not used to remove trash or for other damages to the unit.